Expo Greenway

Photo Album
Home > Historical
Click to view full size image

Railroad Booster's Excursion at Palms Station - PE's X738 May Day 1938

The Palms Depot was declared an historical monument in 1963; nonetheless, it fell into disrepair and was finally condemned. In 1975, S.O.S. (Save Our Station), a grass roots organization, succeeded in moving the depot to Heritage Square Museum, thus saving it from demolition. The exterior and interior have been restored to their original Eastlake style. Today the depot serves as the Museum's Visitor Center.

Long_Wharf.jpg Los_Angeles_and_Independence_RR_Depot_-_SM_1888_(2).jpg PalmsHist1600dpi.jpg Map.jpg West1944.jpg